Mom's Noodles


Noodles oodles..... there's nothing like delicious home-cooked noodles. Somehow I find that you can differentiate noodles that are home-cooked and those that are served in restaurants. Less oil, more ingredients, cooking with a lot of love and a much bigger serving! lol

My mom cooked some really fierce noodles for our family while I was growing up. I couldn't get enough each time. So when I was older, I tried to cook my noodles to get the exact same taste. It's still a bit short but I guess it's close enough! After all, practice makes perfect, right?

Today, hubby and I weren't too hungry as we had stuffed ourselves with snacks during tea time. So, I decided to cook noodles instead of rice. See if you like my pix .........please give me your comments and feedback!

Ingredients
2 packets of fresh yellow noodles
2 cloves garlic, grated
2 red onions (small), cut in slices
5 slices young ginger
1 strip fish cake, cut in thin slices
4 pieces beancurd strips, or "fu chok"
Choy sum or any leafy vege
1 tablespoon stir fry sauce
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoon soya sauce
p/s: you can add prawns, squid or fish balls if you like.

Instructions
Heat oil in wok. Put in garlic, onion and ginger - fry till fragrant. Add in fish cake, beancurd strips and vege, continue frying. Add noodles and sauces together. Fry and mix ingredients well till cooked. Ready to serve.

Bon Apetit!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Leave a Comment or Just Say Hi!

Copyright © 2009 - CHINESE HOME CHEF - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template